piątek, 30 sierpnia 2013

Bathtub Radio

I am one of those people who cannot stand silence, this is why I own radios, TVs and all kind of players everywhere. Even in my bathtub. I was a proud owner of this cabin, until the radio broke down:

The radio set was compound in the tub so fixing it needs time and I needed music. This is why I bought very well reviewed Philips Splashproof radio AE2330/00.

It looks neat: white and blue. It should match most typical batrhoom stylistics and design. As the producer's note claims:


  • Type : Portable radio
  • Digital tuner : No
  • Analog tuner : Yes
  • Frequency : FM/MW
  • Extra functions : Automatic digital settings
    Adjustable timer
    Battery light indicator

  • Adjustable timer turns radio one at a pre-programmed time
  • Anti-slip and ergonomic handle
  • Built-in clock
  • Splash-proof design allows for use in the bath or in the shower
  • Accompanying accessories: user handbook, guarantee certificate

My impressions: the sound is AWFUL. While my cabin bathtub radio had speakers above and the sound was perfectly adjusted to the acoustic of a showertub, this sound is lame. Really, really weak, just like a small little radio could transmit. I have nothing against digital settings, the frequency is also ok. What is more my shower radio didn't have it.

The fact it is splashproof is kind of obvious (for the record: it is).
But I can exchange all the awesome features for the SOUND.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz